Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day goal

I made it and I attribute it to the walking. I lost 1.8 pounds last week and walked 24.3 miles. For the 8 weeks of Walk Across Texas I walked 183.2 miles and lost 10 pounds. My team did 854.7. I really think the walking is the key for me. I do watch what I eat but with the extra walking I can splurge sometimes and it doesn't show up in the weight so much. The added bonus is feeling better, more staminia and energy. I thought I would surely never like walking and because I am naturally lazy I probably wouldn't do it just for fun but the side effects are worth it and I really don't hate it anymore. Walk Across Texas ended for my team at school last Friday but I am continuing. I am in a routine now and am afraid to stop for fear I will revert back my inactive ways. I walk for an hour every morning before school by myself and it is pleasant to think, dream, pray, praise, plan, whatever. Sometimes I walk again in the afternoons but this week has not lent itself to that. My feet and shins still hurt but not as much. Whatever it is for you that helps with health and feeling better do it and don't give up. We are all in for the long haul - a lifetime, and exercise will make that lifetime last longer and be more enjoyable. So some did not reach their Memorial Day goal. Set new ones and lets go TODAY. July 4th is just a bit over a month away so I am going to try for 5 pounds off by then. Everybody set a new goal and let me know your walking totals each week. From what I have so far we have walked about 450 miles in 6 weeks but most weeks it is just 4 of us so that is pretty good results. Keep working. Love you all. Pam

1 comment:

Mamme said...

Pam,
Thanks for the website, I don't know if you have ever been to www.dwlz.com but it is also a good site. When you get in the site scroll down to the blue buttons and go to resturants, it will give you pts for alot of the major chains and they are pretty accurate.

Thanks for your encouragement!

Susan