Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HELLO - is anyone out there?

Hello everyone,

It has been a crazy month of June, but a blessed one! I took my mom to Borger TX. for a wedding on May 23, Leland and I went to Kansas on May 29, we (Leland and I) took all of our grandchildren camping (yes all 6) June 5th & 6th, I took my mother to Albubuerque, NM on June 12th & 13th (her sister died), we had 4 grandchildren just spend the night on the 20th and here it is the 23rd.

Needless to say, I have not really been on a specific eating plan. I have managed to stay at my current weight of 196 which is where I was at the end of our Memorial Day challenge. I think that is due to the fact that I have continued to walk from 2 to 4 miles at least 5 or 6 times a wk.

I hope each of you have a great 4th of July and Andrea I hope you are reaching you 4th goals.

Love Mamme

p.s. Shane and Ashlie have completed their move and are loving Kansas. They have some pictures of their house on their blog, which is ashlierzant.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Nana said...

School time is supposed to be the busy time of the year but I have not had time to look up of late. Sounds like you have been busy and on the road as well. I agree with you totaly about the walking. Michael and i went ona driving trip for 5 days and I did not walk and ate way too much but I started in walking again as soon as we got back and managed to only gain a couple of pounds (not really sure sine I could not make WW last week with mom in the hospital in Dallas. I ma still trying to walk at least 3 miles a day at least 4-5 dsys a week. That way I can eat a bit more than I otherwise could and still lose some. Sounds like you had a fun time with grandkids and mom. My mom is still in dallas but shoudl be coming home later in the week. They did a bypass in her bad leg with a vein from a cadaver and right now it seems to be working. The doctor said her heart is just working at 17-19 % and is not pumping enought blood through her veins to keep it flowing through her body like it should. The heart doctor here wants to put in a defibulator as soon as she is able after this surgery and then after that she needs a knee replacement on her good leg. We are trying to take it one day at a time. Better go and happy walking. Pam